Apr 12, 2008

Kitchen Ceiling: My Husband the Spackle Master


The same way that I am unable of making a small or medium size salad -they always turn out huge, I can't get myself to spread a thin layer of spackle onto the drywall. That's why Peter is the spackle master in our team of two. It absolutely amazes me how thin and perfect each run turns out. Once he is done, my job begins. I'm the master painter and I will slam the paint on thick, transforming the kitchen (just like all the other rooms) with one coat of paint.

3 comments:

Ethan said...

I've found that spreading Spackle is really a talent. One that I'm still perfecting. It takes some time to get good results. P.S. I've had good experiences with Ralph Lauren paint for one coat jobs.

Ethan@OneProjectCloser

About said...

Hi Ethan,
That name sounds like more than what I want to spend on paint. I use Behr and a very fluffy roller.

Jennifer said...

I've had pretty good luck with Behr and a fluffy roller, too! Our RED kitchen was done in two coats with no primer over Ultra Bright White...

I'm the one with the spackle talent here... my husband can do MANY impressive things with a saw, but I can SPACKLE.