I thought to caulk a shower stall was a no brainer... But since the second attempt failed and the caulk peeled right off again after taking a couple of showers(when the caulk came off the first time we thought that we hadn't let it cure enough), I realize that it requires some thinking or rather reading. Surface must be clean and rubbing alcohol is recommended, it says on the Kwik Seal Tube. Even a brand new shower stall needs cleaning before applying the caulk...This time around I will not only clean and clean some more but also use a Silicone Sealant, which should be stronger than the white Kwik Seal.
On how to Caulk a Shower Stall
I thought to caulk a shower stall was a no brainer... But since the second attempt failed and the caulk peeled right off again after taking a couple of showers(when the caulk came off the first time we thought that we hadn't let it cure enough), I realize that it requires some thinking or rather reading. Surface must be clean and rubbing alcohol is recommended, it says on the Kwik Seal Tube. Even a brand new shower stall needs cleaning before applying the caulk...This time around I will not only clean and clean some more but also use a Silicone Sealant, which should be stronger than the white Kwik Seal.
