Apr 19, 2008

Will my easy Landscaping Idea around the New Septic System work?


How much greener (and taller) could this giant rice grass around the new septic system be? Looking down on it today I am not so sure any more whether my easy for the area around the is going to work. It has to, I keep thinking: buying seeds of a variety of native wildflowers and other grass types and simply throw them (from the porch) into the lush rice grass field, in the hopes that it will all flourish and grow into an amazing natural meadow that then I can edge with a border and make it all look landscaped. But the rice grass looks awfully "giant" and dense too. Will those seeds even have a chance to land on the soil, and if yes, then will they have enough light to live? Some research lies ahead of me.

No comments: